- 3 hour sunset drive at Balule Big 5 Game Reserve
- Bush braai at Marula Tree Boma
- 4 hour Big 5 walk with armed ranger
- 2 hour afternoon game drive at Balule Big 5 Game Reserve
- Full day in Kruger on open gameviewer
- Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre
- Sunset game drive at Motlala Game Reserve
- Scenic highlights of Blyde Canyon
Pick up from your hotel in Gauteng or Johannesburg Airport and travel via the Highveld grasslands to the subtropical Lowveld. At Tremisana Game Lodge in the Balule section of the Kruger National Park, unwind at the bar, enjoy a refreshing dip in our pool and relax in the beautiful tropical gardens. Board an open Landcruiser for a 3h Sunset Drive, your first opportunity to experience the varied fauna and flora of Africa. Watch the magnificent African sunset and, after dark, use spotlights to locate nocturnal animals. Dinner in the Boma will be a traditional South African meal. Overnight in an en suite chalet.
At sunrise, we drive to a remote spot along the Olifants River to enjoy a 4h Bush Walk. Your ranger will lead you through the bush at a pace you can handle. The thrill of following big animals will remain with you forever. Adrenalin surges will be acute, even if your ranger is adequately armed. Return to Tremisana for brunch. At 15h00 we enjoy an afternoon game drive. Transfer to Marc’s Treehouse Lodge where accommodation is in tents near the Klaserie River. The tents are equipped with beds and bedding, soap and towels and electric light and fan. Dinner and overnight at Marc’s Camp.
Drive to the Orpen Gate of Kruger on a custom-built open-sided Game Viewer. You will have an opportunity to view game without intervening glass windows and also listen to and smell the denizens of the bush. We have regular stops at picnic spots, rest camps and places of interest. The Orpen-Satara-Nwanedzi region’s open plains attract large herds of zebra, giraffe and antelope, that, in turn, attract many predators. In fact this zone has the highest concentration of lions in Africa.
After breakfast, we travel to the Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre for injured and orphaned animals and birds. You will have an opportunity to get close and personal to some of the residents, including lions and leopards. Sunset game drive at Motlala Game Reserve. Overnight at Marc’s Camp.
Enjoy a Sunrise Walk. After breakfast, drive via the Panorama Route to see the scenic splendours including the Three Rondawels and the Blyde River Canyon. We return to Gauteng in the late afternoon. Airport drop-off by arrangement.
- All transfers, entry fees, game drives/walks, breakfasts and dinners
- Items of a personal nature
- This is an intended itinerary. Times as well as the order of the itinerary are subject to change.
- Accommodation used is subject to availability and in the event the intended accommodation is unavailable we reserve the right to change establishments or camps to an alternative lodge or camp of similar or better standard.