- 3 hour sunset drive at Balule Big 5 Game Reserve
- Bush braai at Marula Tree Boma
- 4 hour Big 5 walk with armed ranger
- 2 hour afternoon game drive at Balule Big 5 Game Reserve
- Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre
- Full day in Kruger on open gameviewer
- 3 hour game drive on Tshukudu Big Five Game Reserve
- Scenic highlights of Blyde Canyon
Pick up from your hotel in Gauteng or Johannesburg Airport and travel via the Highveld grasslands to the subtropical Lowveld. At Tremisana Game Lodge in the Balule section of the Kruger National Park, unwind at the bar, enjoy a refreshing dip in our pool and relax in the beautiful tropical gardens. Board an open Landcruiser for a 3h Sunset Drive, your first opportunity to experience the varied fauna and flora of Africa. Watch the magnificent African sunset and, after dark, use spotlights to locate nocturnal animals. Dinner will be an unforgettable BUSH BRAAI in the Marula Tree Boma deep in the African bush. Continue the night drive after dinner and overnight in comfortable en suite chalet at Tremisana Lodge.
At sunrise drive to a remote spot to enjoy a 4h Bush Walk. Your ranger will lead you through the bush at a pace you can handle. The thrill of following big animals will remain with you forever. Adrenalin surges will be acute, even if your ranger is adequately armed. Return to Tremisana for brunch. At around 15h00 we enjoy an afternoon game drive. Transfer to Marc’s Treehouse Lodge where accommodation is in romantic and fascinating treehouses. Dinner in the open Boma. Overnight in your fascinating Treehouse.
Drive to the Orpen Gate of Kruger on a custom-built open-sided Gameviewer. You will have an opportunity to view game without intervening glass windows and also listen to and smell the denizens of the bush. We have regular stops at picnic spots, restcamps and places of interest. The Orpen-Satara-Nwanedzi region’s open plains attract large herds of zebra, giraffe and antelope that, in turn, attract many predators. In fact this zone has the highest concentration of lions in Africa.
After breakfast, we travel to the Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre for injured and orphaned animals and birds. You will have an opportunity to get close and personal to some of the residents, including lions and leopards. After lunch you drive to Tremisana. At around 15h00, we drive to the Big Five Tshukudu Game Reserve for an open vehicle game drive in this Big Five reserve. Return to Marc’s Treehouse Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Enjoy a Sunrise Walk. After breakfast, drive via the Panorama Route to see the scenic splendours including the Three Rondawels and the Blyde River Canyon. We return to Gauteng in the late afternoon. Airport drop-off by arrangement.
- All transfers, entry fees, game drives/walks, breakfasts and dinners
- Items of a personal nature
- This is an intended itinerary. Times as well as the order of the itinerary are subject to change.
- Accommodation used is subject to availability and in the event the intended accommodation is unavailable we reserve the right to change establishments or camps to an alternative lodge or camp of similar or better standard.